Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lets begin with the Sahara

I began my African adventure with a trip to Cairo, Egypt. I chose a wandering path as I head towards a semester abroad in South Africa in order to visit a good friend from college and to see a new place in the world. I found Cairo welcoming, fast, and beautiful. I was more comfortable than I had even expected despite not knowing Arabic. I wish I had more time to explore and get to know the city, its ancient artifacts, and the people here.

Before I run to catch my next flight to Capetown, South Africa, where I will not know when I'll have internet next, I will upload many pictures below to give a hint at what I've seen and done here, with more elaborations and stories to come.

Enjoy this blog, which will be used as a tool to share my pictures, discoveries, and peregrinations.

Cairo.








The pharoh's boat, buried intact by the pyramids.






The Khan marketplace.

The Egyptian Antiquities Museum. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos inside of the many scuptures, mummies, and jewels.


More to come soon! Capetown next!
Love from Africa.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Lily. Great pics. Have a grand adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Peregrinations!

    Oh, the stories a Giraffe will tell! I look forward to each and every one.

    Look at everything, twice!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first photo -- the apartment building with all those very personalized balconies.

    ReplyDelete